Our global mobility publication on tax provides readers with the information and tools they need to make informed decisions about their move and the tax implications. The resource provides a comprehensive guide, covering topics such as income tax, international tax rules, international double taxation, bilateral tax treaties, and the tax challenges experienced by globally mobile workers.
Global Mobility Tax Book
The mobility tax book is a resource to help mobile employees understand the complexities and compliance requirements associated with global mobility and international tax rules.Review Order Options
About Ineo’s Global Mobility Tax Resource
Globally mobile employees who have been relocated or assigned to work in a different location, whether it’s a temporary assignment lasting less than a year or a permanent one lasting over a year, or those classified as an extended business traveler, need to be aware of various new personal income tax filing obligations as a taxpayer.
Our international tax book is a comprehensive guide to help employees maximize the potential deductions they may be eligible to claim and stay in compliance with the new federal, state, and local personal income tax laws.
A Key Resource for Mobility Packages
Answers to Your Tax Questions
Free & Fast Shipping
LIVE UPDATES (as of 11/15/23) to Our Mobility Tax Book for 2024:
- Pg. 38:
- First (1st) bullet at bottom of page is void. Third bullet from bottom now includes “up to a maximum of 15 days of temporary living expenses are now allowed”.
- Pg. 39
- Third item now includes “up to a maximum of 15 days”.
- Pg. 40
- Fifth (5th) bullet is now void – Loss on sales is no longer allowed.
Our global tax book publication includes the new 2023 and proposed 2024 tax laws that impact your global mobility population (Transferees, Assignees, Extended Business Travelers, and Commuters) and the mobility professionals who support these individuals.
Mobility Tax Advisor 2024 for the Tax Year 2023
NEW Features and Benefits Added to Our Mobility Tax Book for 2024:
- Child Tax Credits Phase-Outs: Will significantly affect over 50% of most transferees and assignees.
- Payroll withholding issues: Taxable mobility expenses are typically withheld at the 22% federal supplemental rate and applicable state rate versus the employee’s actual marginal tax bracket, typically causing a significant year-end tax withholding shortfall for most transferees/assignees.
- An explanation of the implications of the non-conforming states so your employees can maximize their tax year 2023 moving expense tax deductions.
- The new 2023 W-2 compliance filing requirements.
- How the new State and Local Tax (SALT) limitations affect your transferees and assignees’ ability to deduct their state and local gross-ups.
- Updated Government section.
- Extended Business Travelers and Short-Term Assignments: Provides detailed guidance and helps both the employee and company stay compliant.
- All new Canadian tax updates have been made regarding non-Canadian citizens’ inability to purchase homes in Canada effective 1/1/23.
Additional Features and Benefits Include:
Global Mobility Resources
Learn more about what’s going on at Ineo and insights into the complex world of global mobility from the industry’s top thought leaders and innovators.
Pre-Move Tax Consultations: Strategies for Managing Remote and Relocated Employees Tax Compliance
Read on to learn how utilizing Pre-Move Tax Consultations can…
A Global Mobility Manager’s Needs and Wants: The Importance of Stability, Accessibility and Compliance in a Global Mobility Software
In this blog, we’ll show you how utilizing these tools…
How to Prepare for Current and Future Workforces Global Mobility Wants and Needs
Whether you are new to the world of global mobility or you’ve been in the business for a while, Ineo is here to assist you.
Contact us to learn how our mobility tax services can support your global mobility program.Get Started
Frequently Asked Questions
Our international tax book, along with many of our other tax resources, can be purchased directly from this page. Click here to purchase our tax resources.